Big Fish Games versions of the Blackwell Games Not Recognized

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MajoraMan

Big Fish Games versions of the Blackwell Games Not Recognized

Post by MajoraMan »

Hi. I recently acquired copies of the first 3 Blackwell games from Big Fish.com. When I try to place the required files into a ScummVM folder, or even just have ScummVM scan the games install folder, it comes up as unrecognized. This is the same for all 3 of the games. Oddly, when each game is scanned, it brings up a list of games for me to choose what game was just scanned. Among the list are the Blackwell games, EXCEPT for the game I scanned. For example, when I scan Blackwell Unbound, the list of games to choose from will include Blackwell Legacy and Blackwell Convergence, but not Blackwell Unbound. This is the same for the other games.

For the record, I have had success using Big Fish Games for other supported titles. The Nancy Drew games and Shaban work perfectly fine with the Big Fish files. If anyone can help I would be very appreciative. I am trying to consolidate all supported games into ScummVM.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Big Fish Games versions of the Blackwell Games Not Recognized

Post by Raziel »

Same here, seems to be a regression

Could you post your md5sum (should be in the console when you try to add the game)

{"ac2game.dat", 0, "hexnumbers", numbers},

Or even better, report it to the bugtracker
MajoraMan

Post by MajoraMan »

The game in 'The Blackwell Legacy\' seems to be an unknown game variant.

Please report the following data to the ScummVM team at https://bugs.scummvm.org/ along with the name of the game you tried to add and its version, language, etc.:

Matched game IDs for the ags engine: ags-fallback

{"ac2game.dat", 0, "a81e47e6077f7049706ee59356435286", 18798215},

This is what I get when trying to import the Big Fish Games installation of The Blackwell Legacy. This is importing directly from its installation folder, without touching any files, so it isn't because I deleted needed files or anything.

I will also post this to the bug tracker, along with the messages from the other 2 games.
MajoraMan

Post by MajoraMan »

After posting about this on the Bug Tracker, can confirm it has been fixed in the latest Daily Build. Thank you to the ScummVM team.