Lure of the Temptress Companion not aviable

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

venom_INC
Got a warning

Lure of the Temptress Companion not aviable

Post by venom_INC »

Hello,
I am currently playing Lure of Tempress. I now have to open a door with a lockpick but my companion with the colorful clothes can no longer be found, I have already searched everywhere. In my opinion the game is scrap. Again and again people stand around and disturb my progress and my companion is just not wherever i need it.

Can i call the companion with a trick or is there a cheat that i can use ???
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: Lure of the Temptress Companion not aviable

Post by digitall »

The Companion NPC is called Ratpouch. I don't think there is any way currently of listing which rooms each NPC is in, but I think Ratpouch should always be with the player character. This may be a bug where Ratpouch is not marked as visible and thus the game state is broken. Please file this as a bug with an attached savegame on bugs.scummvm.org and we can try to fix why this happens. I think you may be able to change his state with the debug console, but not clear.

Please note that some of this is due to the engine design and was present in the original so not easy to fix:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Theatre#Features
venom_INC
Got a warning

Post by venom_INC »

Hello, I don't really want to register with Github, all of this is too time consuming for me. I would be send the savegames and the information that is requested as an attachment to someone who would give me his email address. I will not pass it on either, I promise!!! :mrgreen:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Looking into your problem is much more time-consuming for us. Locking the topic.

Eugene