Some tests on Big Endian AmigaOS4

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Some tests on Big Endian AmigaOS4

Post by Raziel »

Hey there,

I was asked a few days ago to test a branch on Big Endian AmigaOS4...I *think* it had to do with the AGS engine.

Unfortunately I lost the details and completely forgot what it was I should have done.

Dear dev in question, please remind me and sorry for the troubles

Thank you
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Some tests on Big Endian AmigaOS4

Post by Praetorian »

It may have been that I was asking if the changes introduced by this PR (integration of the old 2.1.3 FreeType library specifically for the AGS engine) were compatible with Big Endian architectures.
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/5188

So in that case thet test would be:
- Make sure it builds without issues, and that AGS games launch ok
- For specific AGS games like the ones mentioned in that PR thread, check that the glyph rendering and text wrapping is fixed as shown in the pictures in the PR. I usually test with "Dreams in the Witch House" and "Zniw Adventure" (the demo and the full game, but the demo should suffice for this testing).
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@Preatorian

Got it, will do as soon as I'm back home (for real this time)
tag2015

Post by tag2015 »

Raziel wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:19 pm Hey there,

I was asked a few days ago to test a branch on Big Endian AmigaOS4...I *think* it had to do with the AGS engine.

Unfortunately I lost the details and completely forgot what it was I should have done.

Dear dev in question, please remind me and sorry for the troubles

Thank you
Hey Raziel, I'm the dev who contated you via PM about the PR that Pretorian linked
Don't worry, test it when you have time... actually following latest development I don't even know if the PR will be merged
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

tag2015 wrote:
Hey Raziel, I'm the dev who contated you via PM about the PR that Pretorian linked
Don't worry, test it when you have time... actually following latest development I don't even know if the PR will be merged
So sorry for forgetting, will have to rearrange my notes :-/

I'll do the tests this weekend and keep my fingers crossed that your PR makes it to main