Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Re: Where Are The New Shaders Stored?

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Many thanks for handling this issue.
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

I'm on Win11, and after an update (no errors) I finally found them as "...\ScummVM\Icons\shaders-20230108.dat" (in ScummVM installation dir, not under "%AppData%\ScummVM\Icons").
The .dat file is actually a .zip containing all downloaded shaders (other missing there are probably built-in in scummvm.exe).
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

hexaae wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:14 pm I'm on Win11, and after an update (no errors) I finally found them as "...\ScummVM\Icons\shaders-20230108.dat" (in ScummVM installation dir, not under "%AppData%\ScummVM\Icons").
The .dat file is actually a .zip containing all downloaded shaders (other missing there are probably built-in in scummvm.exe).
Hello,

Since this looks like an unusual case, could you please clarify if your ScummVM installation was under "Program Files" or some custom folder -- and if you used the installer or the unzipped the zip version of scummvm for windows?

Also, were you by any chance using ScummVM's in portable mode? Portable mode is documented here:https://docs.scummvm.org/en/latest/use_ ... puter.html
Starting with ScummVM 2.6.0, ScummVM offers a portable mode. Instead of storing saved games, icons and screenshots in your user’s directory, they are stored in the same folder as the ScummVM executable.

To run ScummVM in portable mode, create an empty file called scummvm.ini in the folder where you extracted the ScummVM zipfile.