Grim Fandango

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mtp

Grim Fandango

Post by mtp »

Hi All,

I am have been playing Grim Fandango (im using the latest daily build; Mac OSX 64bit Intel) and the game hangs at one point (please see picture). The music plays and I even can open a menu or pause the game, but cannot move. Does anybody have any idea how to fix it?

Thank you, M.
Attachments
IMG_8653.JPG
IMG_8653.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 1583 times
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: Grim Fandango

Post by Raziel »

Seems to be a (known) LUA error, see here.

Also seems to not always happen.
Maybe load an earlier save could help.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

mtp wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:38 pm Hi All,

I am have been playing Grim Fandango (im using the latest daily build; Mac OSX 64bit Intel) and the game hangs at one point (please see picture). The music plays and I even can open a menu or pause the game, but cannot move. Does anybody have any idea how to fix it?

Thank you, M.
I think we have a couple of bugs (or the same bug ticket twice) related to opening the vault door in Grim Fandango. But they're not talking about the game hanging.
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/13139
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/11815

Does your issue happen randomly or when opening that door? Does it happen consistently at the same point?

Can you provide a save game for us to reproduce?

If your ticket is different than the ones reported, please open a ticket on our bug tracker with your info and a saved game so that we can try to reproduce it and track its resolution properly.
mtp

Post by mtp »

Thank you for all the answers. I have installed last stable release (not a daily one) and loaded an older save (beginning of year 3), and it went through. I am lucky I had several saves to play with. I have tried with another one (just before the doors) and it did not work to replay it from this one.