Orange Pillarboxing in 2.7.0.2 on ChromeOS Android 11

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Elleby

Re: Orange Pillarboxing in 2.7.0.2 on ChromeOS Android 11

Post by Elleby »

digitall wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:05 pm @Elleby: Can you link a freeware AGS game or freely distributable demo which exhibits the issue? Can you also provide details of your platform and try with a nightly build of v2.9.0 if possible to see if the issue has been fixed since v2.8.0 release...
The two remakes are actually freeware. Here is a link to the Quest for Glory II remake: https://www.agdinteractive.com/games/qf ... epage.html

I used the files from the Windows version.

I am using ChromeOS 121 which uses Android 11. I don't know if this is useful or not, but its ChromeOS boardset is codenamed 'octopus'. I unfortunately don't have the ability to sideload as Google locks it down quite a bit on ChromeOS (unlike Android on phones).
lephilousophe

Re: Orange Pillarboxing in 2.7.0.2 on ChromeOS Android 11

Post by lephilousophe »

Hello,

I have pushed a commit on the tree which I think should fix your issue.
I believe that some engines don't set the alpha channel on the game surface properly as this surface is not intended to be transparent.
Therefore, I hack the alpha channel to make it opaque.

Even when fiddling with the code selecting the screen pixel format, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue using QfG2 remake on my Android devices so I can't be completely sure it will work.
The next daily build will get the fix.
That's a pity you can't sideload our debug APK as it would speed the debugging process.
Did you try to look at the following instructions? https://www.xda-developers.com/how-side ... hromebook/
Please note that as I don't know ChromeOS I don't really know the implications of applying these.
The ChromeOS octopus device seems to be an x86_64 device so make sure to select the proper APK on the Buildbot.