Dart game at Holmes Scalpel game

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

venom_INC
Got a warning

Dart game at Holmes Scalpel game

Post by venom_INC »

Hello,
I have some difficulties with the dart game in the pub. Can you somehow skip this? I don't want to play that thing! After all, this is an adventure and not a skill game if it is not possible to skip, maybe there is a game for it? :?:

Thanks!!!
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Re: Dart game at Holmes Scalpel game

Post by dreammaster »

venom_INC wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:01 am I have some difficulties with the dart game in the pub. Can you somehow skip this? I don't want to play that thing! After all, this is an adventure and not a skill game if it is not possible to skip, maybe there is a game for it? :?:
Yes there is. As long as you're playing on a PC (or Mac as well presumably), pressing the Escape key should make you immediately win the game. Just something I added a while back for both Scalpel and Rose Tattoo's dart games, because I disliked them too :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

dreammaster wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:07 pm
venom_INC wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:01 am I have some difficulties with the dart game in the pub. Can you somehow skip this? I don't want to play that thing! After all, this is an adventure and not a skill game if it is not possible to skip, maybe there is a game for it? :?:
Yes there is. As long as you're playing on a PC (or Mac as well presumably), pressing the Escape key should make you immediately win the game. Just something I added a while back for both Scalpel and Rose Tattoo's dart games, because I disliked them too :)
Maybe I'm misremembering, but isn't there also a way to get the information you need without having to play darts for it?
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:53 pm Maybe I'm misremembering, but isn't there also a way to get the information you need without having to play darts for it?
At this point, I recall very little about the gameplay, so I can't say for sure.
Kurufinwe

Post by Kurufinwe »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:53 pm Maybe I'm misremembering, but isn't there also a way to get the information you need without having to play darts for it?
Yes, in Scalpel the darts game gets you an address that (1) can be obtained in another way and (2) is just a dead end anyway.

(In Rose Tattoo, however, you have to win at darts to progress.)