ScummVM 2.7.0: “The Real Slim Shader”

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: ScummVM 2.7.0: “The Real Slim Shader”

Post by sev »

Praetorian wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:40 am Also, according to the wiki instructions you need to copy the required files in a flat directory
Oh, not anymore! I'll fix the Wiki.

Eugene
nozomi

Post by nozomi »

I've still had no luck getting my CD's for Broken Sword 2 to work properly with 2.7.0 and the daily builds. Can some one give me a complete list of the required files. I'm wondering if the CD's also contain a DEMO of the game and those files get detected first?

I've done all the proper renaming of the files and it does work in the 2.6 and earlier releases.

Since it detects the game as a DEMO, what sort of information can I give the team that would help correct that. It does detect it, just incorrectly.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

nozomi wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:54 pm I've still had no luck getting my CD's for Broken Sword 2 to work properly with 2.7.0 and the daily builds. Can some one give me a complete list of the required files. I'm wondering if the CD's also contain a DEMO of the game and those files get detected first?

I've done all the proper renaming of the files and it does work in the 2.6 and earlier releases.

Since it detects the game as a DEMO, what sort of information can I give the team that would help correct that. It does detect it, just incorrectly.
Hello, can you provide your listing of the files within the data directory where you point ScummVM at?
If you're using Windows, run from command prompt something like:

Code: Select all

tree "C:\Games\BrokenSword2" /A /F
or, better yet, for a more complete printout you may use a graphic UI app ("Karen's Directory Printer") (again for Windows). Here's my sample settings for that app from another thread:
DirectoryListingAppPrintSettings.png
DirectoryListingAppPrintSettings.png (43.49 KiB) Viewed 4708 times
veg

Post by veg »

Since new release on Android I can't get ScummVM to find game data. I've followed instructions to set game folder but it's not working. I have attached a screenshot so that you can see which folder I've set. Can anyone help me out? :cry:
Attachments
IMG-20230708-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20230708-WA0009.jpg (84.8 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Last edited by veg on Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

veg wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:35 am Since new release I can't get ScummVM to find game data. I've followed instructions to set game folder but it's not working. I have attached a screenshot so that you can see which folder I've set. Can anyone help me out? :cry:
In addition to adding the SAF folder to add your games, which is particular to ScummVM Android port (2.7.0 and above ), the detection for Broken Sword titles also got changed.

Please look into the wiki for details:
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Broken_Sword_1
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Broken_Sword_2

Maybe this (solved) bug report is relevant, too:
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/14284

Does this issue occur with other (non Broken Sword) games?
veg

Post by veg »

Praetorian wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:40 am In addition to adding the SAF folder to add your games, which is particular to ScummVM Android port (2.7.0 and above ), the detection for Broken Sword titles also got changed.
I didn't find this info, thank you for your help. I'll check it out and let you know. I only tried with Broken Sword because it's the only game I'm playing (and therefore that I have installed). <3