Torin's Passage - Polish language version support

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Torin's Passage - Polish language version support

Post by Praetorian »

Majkel47 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:59 pm I've tried this, and… It works! All of the subtitles and UIs are in Polish. Thank you very much!
Great! Thanks for the feedback!

If you could provide the required MD5 hash for the 0.MSG file (the other two files, RESMAP.000 and RESSCI.000, are identical to the English release so we only need the info on 0.MSG), we will be able to add this to ScummVM's detection.
ScummVM does not use the full MD5 hash of the file, so this special command is required to be ran in command line from within the folder with "scummvm.exe":

Code: Select all

.\scummvm.exe  --md5 --md5-engine=sci --md5-path="D:\Gry\Emulacja\ScummVM\Games\Torin\patches\0.MSG"
If you do this, please paste here the entire output of this command.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it working!
Majkel47 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:08 pm I would be very happy to help other people from Poland to help to run Torin in Polish via ScummVM. I can make a .zip file with all the required files to run Torin in Polish. Could it be possible to upload it on the ScummVM website in Freeware games & Addons section?
Looking at the other fan made patches for Torin, they pack those files necessary for the translation with the expected folder structure in a zip file. So basically that would be the "patches" folder I guess. You can always make local tests to see what is the absolute minimum of data files to distribute. This is so that the end-user will have to own and install the English version, eg. from GOG, and then paste the files in the folder where the game was installed. If it's more complicated than that using the CD version of the game, the you can always include a text document with the folder structure schematic and quick instructions in the zip.

I am not sure if it can be uploaded on ScummVM (I don't see the other patches here). Someone else from the team would have to comment on this. In general we avoid getting involved with distribution of patches, since there's always the concern that IP protected files are distributed as well.
Majkel47

Post by Majkel47 »

Here you are

D:/Gry/Emulacja/ScummVM/Games/Torin/patches/0.MSG: b21295e7234b97e67e00d2df980bdd20 (first 5000 bytes), 5532 bytes
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Majkel47 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:15 pm Here you are

D:/Gry/Emulacja/ScummVM/Games/Torin/patches/0.MSG: b21295e7234b97e67e00d2df980bdd20 (first 5000 bytes), 5532 bytes
Thanks!
Majkel47

Post by Majkel47 »

One more thing - Scumm has a problems with finding the RESOURCE.AUD and RESOURCE.SFX files which allows to run the game, but without any audio. Copying them to the main catalogue with the game resolves the problem. Here's an info about the files

D056DAACF4235DF4A1E6ACC2DC553936	RESOURCE.AUD	181 100 846	
FILE	36E8598631F5C6580375E22FEF41CED4	RESOURCE.SFX	68 626 121	
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Yep, all resource files should be in the main catalogue of the game data.

It's a good note to add to instructions about a game being properly run with ScummVM, but I believe just the three previously mentioned files suffice for proper detection.