iOS 16?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

whitehusky

iOS 16?

Post by whitehusky »

Has anyone been able to successfully build this project to an iOS 16 target device? I' no stranger to Xcode, and haven't been successful yet. Even after repointing the frameworks, there still seems to be errors and (possibly) missing files.
Tsomi

Re: iOS 16?

Post by Tsomi »

Which errors are you seeing, exactly?

Last time I did an iOS 16 build was some weeks ago, but it did work (for proper behavior on iOS 16 you need to build from the "master" branch, though). Maybe there's a temporary issue; so any detail about your errors would be very helpful.

Also, note that loading your own (unregistered) build is becoming harder and harder on newer iOS, so make sure to read the latest version of our build instructions, because a few more steps may now be required on your device:
https://docs.scummvm.org/en/latest/othe ... s/ios.html
LucaJones

Post by LucaJones »

It's possible that some developers have managed to build the project for iOS 16, but it can be challenging due to potential framework issues and missing files.
Continue exploring forums and seeking advice from experienced ios developers to overcome the hurdles. 8)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

whitehusky wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:54 pm Has anyone been able to successfully build this project to an iOS 16 target device? I' no stranger to Xcode, and haven't been successful yet. Even after repointing the frameworks, there still seems to be errors and (possibly) missing files.
Did you follow our build instructions from the Wiki? https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?titl ... mVM/iPhone

Eugene
Aqsa33

Post by Aqsa33 »

LucaJones wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:22 am It's possible that some developers have managed to build the project for iOS 16, but it can be challenging due to potential framework issues and missing files.
Continue exploring forums and seeking advice from experienced ios developers to overcome the hurdles. 8)
What are the challenges developers face when building projects for iOS 16? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks