3DS Port: Menu won't show on top screen

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

teconmoon

3DS Port: Menu won't show on top screen

Post by teconmoon »

Good morning, wondering if anyone (staff or members) has any insight regarding the 3DS port for ScummVM.

I've noticed with the 3DS port that the game selection / settings menu won't show on the top screen. If I start a game, then the game will show up on both screens, but not the menu. Ideally I'd have everything showing on the top screen only, but I can't set that in the settings without losing menu access. The one exception is that if the screen settings are set to top only, then the menu does show up briefly if I press the home button to suspend the title. This helped me slowly set the screen settings back to "both", since I could press home, move the cursor a tiny bit, and press home again to see where I moved the mouse cursor to.

This occurs with both the 3DSX / CIA versions, on the old stable (2.2.0) which is the latest version posted on the downloads page, and also the latest master and stable from buildbot. I don't know if anyone in particular is maintaining the 3DS builds any longer but any input would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!

EDIT: Sorry, I guess this should have gotten posted in the DS section.