Can't Disable CRT Filter (?) in ScummVM 2.6.0 Windows

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cartcollector

Can't Disable CRT Filter (?) in ScummVM 2.6.0 Windows

Post by cartcollector »

I recently reinstalled ScummVM after a few years to replay several titles, and I noticed that all of the games display with some sort of filter/shader by default now -- it sort of looks like it's a faux cathode ray mesh (?) overlay? I assumed I could disable/change it, but turning off filtering doesn't do anything, and changing the shader options appears to have no effect either.

Is there a way to disable the cathode effect and just get "clean pixels"? I assumed there was, but I'm not having any luck changing the options in the menu.
mm shot.png
mm shot.png (63.5 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
mm zoomed.png
mm zoomed.png (20.25 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
I'm probably using the wrong term here...
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Re: Can't Disable CRT Filter (?) in ScummVM 2.6.0 Windows

Post by rootfather »

The CRT filter is not enabled by default; this is a custom setting.

Try setting "Scaler" to "<default>" in the Global Options menu.
cartcollector

Post by cartcollector »

rootfather wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:07 pm The CRT filter is not enabled by default; this is a custom setting.

Try setting "Scaler" to "<default>" in the Global Options menu.
Okay, this is weird... I changed those settings to default multiple times last night with no success. I went in today, changed it again, and PIXEL is now disabled.

I was testing out the Playnite launcher recently (single launcher for GOG, Steam, Epic, and even Scumm games now), and it looks like somehow the PIXEL shader was activated in multiple games via the game-specific video options. I don't know HOW, but everything appears to be working now.

Is there an easy way to "mass reset" a list of games in ScummVM, so as to remove any individual "Game Options" on titles?
(Tied to that, is there a chance I accidentally set a flag when mass importing into ScummVM that might have set the shader flag for each one?)
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Post by rootfather »

cartcollector wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:16 pm Okay, this is weird... I changed those settings to default multiple times last night with no success. I went in today, changed it again, and PIXEL is now disabled.

I was testing out the Playnite launcher recently (single launcher for GOG, Steam, Epic, and even Scumm games now), and it looks like somehow the PIXEL shader was activated in multiple games via the game-specific video options. I don't know HOW, but everything appears to be working now.
I don't know that launcher, but in theory it is possible that this launcher messes with the settings/configuration file.
cartcollector wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:16 pm Is there an easy way to "mass reset" a list of games in ScummVM, so as to remove any individual "Game Options" on titles?
(Tied to that, is there a chance I accidentally set a flag when mass importing into ScummVM that might have set the shader flag for each one?)
In case you want to do a complete hard-reset of all games and settings, delete the file

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%/ScummVM/scummvm.ini
Please note that this will permanently delete all settings you made, including all game specific custom settings - you basically start with a fresh, first-time installation.

EDIT: This is only valid if you are _not_ using any additional launcher because it is still possible that the launcher starts ScummVM with a _different_ configuration file that might still lead to issues - so your mileage may vary.