How to obtain a game legitimately

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jgratz

How to obtain a game legitimately

Post by jgratz »

So... I posted here before, having downloaded the .7z file for the game Backyard Baseball from this website: REMOVED, only to find out that apparently, that is illegal and I am not allowed to ask for help with it here. But I still want to play the game. So, what are some actual ways to download it legitimately?

The problem I had with the .7z file is that not all the features worked. Most of them did -- I was able to pick teams, hear sound effects and navigate the treehouse and the team bench -- but I was unable to hear any music, hear the players talking (though I could see their dialogue as text at the top of the screen), or play a game of baseball. I have a Windows 10 laptop (not designed for gaming) without a disk drive.

Wikipedia https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Backyard_Baseball says that I need the following files to run the game, all of which are included in the .7z file:
BASEBALL.HE0
BASEBALL.HE1
BASEBALL.HE2
BASEBALL.HE4
BASEBALL.HE9

Can anyone help?
rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Re: How to obtain a game legitimately

Post by rootfather »

So... I posted here before, having downloaded the .7z file for the game Backyard Baseball from this website: REMOVED, only to find out that apparently, that is illegal and I am not allowed to ask for help with it here. But I still want to play the game. So, what are some actual ways to download it legitimately?
In order to obtain the games legally, you have to buy them - this is the only legal way to get the games (and please stop opening threads with download links in them, our rules are pretty strict).

To my knowledge, the games are not in any of the digital stores (Steam or GoG), so you have to find a used copy on eBay or some other places.

Lothar
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Re: How to obtain a game legitimately

Post by Raziel »

2003 version is on Amazon.com right now