Controller mode on touchscreen (EMI)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bomana

Controller mode on touchscreen (EMI)

Post by bomana »

So I have Monkey 4 running in a daily build on Android, however I can't scroll through actions/dialogue. These se like they should be mapped to triggers however i can't figure out how to bring those up? I can cycle around A-B-Y-X-RS-LS. Any ideas of how to bring LT-RT up?

The way the 'buttons' scroll around might have to be revisited as well, it's very difficult to find the one you need especially if timing is involved (like in the intro puzzle).

I have tried the mi4 demo and PS2 versions in the same scummvm build from a few days ago.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Controller mode on touchscreen (EMI)

Post by Praetorian »

bomana wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:14 pm So I have Monkey 4 running in a daily build on Android, however I can't scroll through actions/dialogue. These se like they should be mapped to triggers however i can't figure out how to bring those up? I can cycle around A-B-Y-X-RS-LS. Any ideas of how to bring LT-RT up?

The way the 'buttons' scroll around might have to be revisited as well, it's very difficult to find the one you need especially if timing is involved (like in the intro puzzle).

I have tried the mi4 demo and PS2 versions in the same scummvm build from a few days ago.
Are you testing with a development build?

Currently you may try your luck with the in-game key configuration for the game and map the keys for selecting dialogue (which iirc by default are the PgUp and PgDown keyboard keys) to buttons on your controller, if that works.

However, we are aware that controller support is lacking on Android, and that there are some file access issues in recent Android OSes greater than or equal to 11. We still don't have dedicated Android developer(s), and also not many (or any) controllers, or free time to test, so Android development is moving along slowly.