Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eviltrooper

No mouse,keyboard on 2.60git via emuelec

Post by eviltrooper »

Hi,
I don’t know if someone can help.
I use emuelec to play scummvm games.

They have no idea but they use 2.60git Version, and here we have no mouse and keyboard support, only joystick ist working.

They have no idea what’s the problem. They changed nothing.

Did maybe someone have a idea?

https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/issues/879
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Re: No mouse,keyboard on 2.60git via emuelec

Post by digitall »

To quote the front page of EmuELEC: "Retro emulation for Amlogic devices. Based on CoreELEC and Lakka with tidbits from Batocera. I just combine them with Batocera-Emulationstation and some standalone emulators (Advancemame, PPSSPP, Reicast, Amiberry and others)."

We had a recent discussion regarding issues on Batocera(-emulationstation?) though I don't think this was directly related:
viewtopic.php?t=16561

Generally, the project does not provide support or debugging of any modified version or versions which are incorporated / compiled by third party frontend / bundling projects.
The main reasons being we have no idea what changes have been made to those versions and how they were compiled, plus no way to directly modify / fix them.

I am not even sure whether this uses one of the release binaries wrapped or a modified version.. Nothing specific relating to mouse / keyboard support has been
changed between v2.5.1 and v2.6.0git to my immediate knowledge...
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

Hmm... https://github.com/EmuELEC/EmuELEC/blob ... package.mk

pre_configure_target() {
sed -i "s|sdl-config|sdl2-config|g" $PKG_BUILD/configure
TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS="--host=${TARGET_NAME} --backend=sdl --enable-vkeybd --enable-optimizations --opengl-mode=gles2 --with-sdl-prefix=${SYSROOT_PREFIX}/usr/bin"
}

The sed script to switch sdl-config to sdl2-config should not be required since there is code to detect that. If not, then the SDL_CONFIG envvar should
be used instead.

Otherwise, we would need to see the output from ./configure to see what has happened there...
eviltrooper

Post by eviltrooper »

I will ask them 😀

Only thing is i can say on they older version 4.3 scummvm version was older than 2.5.1 (think it was 2.3 or older, no cloud option was there)
But after the update to 4.5 (emuelec) it’s not working anymore, joystick works.. they also told me that they changed nothing..
eviltrooper

Post by eviltrooper »

Hi,

It looks like it’s the libSDL2-2.0.so.0

with the emuelec 4.3 LIB and scummvm 2.6 i got this error
./scummvm-2-6: undefined symbol: SDL_SetWindowMouseRect

with old scummvm it works

if i use the LIB from emuelec 4.5 i also got NO Mouse on scummvm 2.4
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

eviltrooper wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:57 am with the emuelec 4.3 LIB and scummvm 2.6 i got this error
./scummvm-2-6: undefined symbol: SDL_SetWindowMouseRect
I guess that's what would happen if you're using ScummVM with an older version of SDL than it was built with. It checks at compile-time, but not at runtime, e.g.:

Code: Select all

#if SDL_VERSION_ATLEAST(2, 0, 18)
	if (_inputGrabState || _lastFlags & fullscreenMask) {
		SDL_SetWindowMouseRect(_window, &grabRect);
	}
#endif
eviltrooper

Post by eviltrooper »

Yes, the older version was 2.0.9

So really no idea why only joypad is working here..

DEV from emuelec told me he use version sdl 2.20.
Can this be the problem?
eviltrooper

Post by eviltrooper »

Answer from emuelec dev team..
I will open a ticket..

This is definitely a SDL issue, as I compiled git version b21fd0c9aa075915658d65c1c61e9ee2fb23d363 with SDL 2.0.9 and it works fine (if I use the SDL2 2.0.9 library in /emuelec/lib) but I am not going to revert SDL, This needs to be fixed in Scummv (I think, as all the other programs that use keyboard with SDL work fine) because if I compile the same exact version with only the library change or if I use the SDL2.20 library instead then the mouse/keyboard stops working.