Gamepad cursor speed

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Morsch9

Gamepad cursor speed

Post by Morsch9 »

Hello all,
I am in despair.
ScummVM works wonderfully on all my Android devices.
Unfortunately I can't find a setting to adjust the speed of the pointer.

No matter which gamepad is connected, via cable or Bluetooth. The pointer moves soooooo slow

Where can I adjust this?

Thank you
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Gamepad cursor speed

Post by Praetorian »

Morsch9 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:06 pm Hello all,
I am in despair.
ScummVM works wonderfully on all my Android devices.
Unfortunately I can't find a setting to adjust the speed of the pointer.

No matter which gamepad is connected, via cable or Bluetooth. The pointer moves soooooo slow

Where can I adjust this?

Thank you
Hello,

I don't think we implemented any cursor acceleration. It sounds like something that would be easy to do, but then again Android has many OS versions to test with, so sometimes that just isn't true.

Currently, the gamepad support is very rudimentary. We need to do more testing, with more controllers, expand the feature set, check how it integrates with keymappers etc. I only own an old joystick and a PS5 controller -- and I only have really tested and added support for basic features with the old joystick. I haven't had the time to check how PS5 controller works with ScummVM Android at all.

However, since we lack dedicated developers for the Android port, it might take some time to tackle these issues.

Please, open a feature request on the ScummVM bug tracker, so that we'll be able to track and deal with it when a developer or hopefully a dedicated porter is available.