Blade Runner - Original Game "blade.ini" Display Options?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jodacky

Blade Runner - Original Game "blade.ini" Display Options?

Post by Jodacky »

Hi

Does anyone know if there are options to set either display resolution or aspect ratio (ideally both) within this file?

It's no big deal, as ScummVM & the engine sorts that out perfectly :D

Just wondered as whenever I run the original game outside of ScummVM, it always locks into a fullscreen window that stretches over widescreen. Can't figure out a way to change / force it to 4:3 aspect instead.

nb : appreciate just changing desktop resolution or the monitor itself fixes that - it's just for convenience
JohnnyW

Re: Blade Runner - Original Game "blade.ini" Display Options?

Post by JohnnyW »

The game was made long before you could use a widescreen monitor. And it was to a set resolution, too.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Jodacky wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:37 pm Hi

Does anyone know if there are options to set either display resolution or aspect ratio (ideally both) within this file?
For a while I was using dxwnd with Blade Runner (it requires admin privilges). Last version that I see that I was testing (successfully) with was DxWnd 2.04.42. After that version I recall having issues to get DxWnd do what I needed, so I didn't really update it to the latest build.

It would put Blade Runner in a window (for the appropriate configuration) and it did come useful for recording and avoiding the screen resolution change, but as far as I recall it wouldn't work with streaming apps like Steam link -- it might work with NVidia's shadowplay though or the Moonlight one.
Jodacky

Post by Jodacky »

Thanks for the feedback.

Have done a quick test-run with DxWnd (v2_05_82) and got it to play Blade Runner windowed - just gotta configure it properly to get it right.

Also tried using Dege's dgVooDoo2 with the same settings and that worked too. (Was using it to fix display issues with another old game, but didn't think to try it with Blade Runner until I saw the reply!)

Spoilt for choice now, but thats alright

Thanks