Les visiteurs Le Jeu

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gemeaux333

Les visiteurs Le Jeu

Post by gemeaux333 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muKewAs24RE

this game is a france specific omni3d engine game based on a famous french movie licence, develloped by Darkwork, edited by Cryo Interactive and distributed by Ubisoft

I wondered, would ScummVM support it ?
gemeaux333

Re: Les visiteurs Le Jeu

Post by gemeaux333 »

I don't manage to add the game, can you help me ?

here are the necessary files : redacted
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

You're violating forum rules by posting the game download. Please refrain from doing so. According to the following Wiki page, the game isn't in the list of supported games for the engine, so the answer is you can't currently play the game in ScummVM.
gemeaux333

Post by gemeaux333 »

it wasn't my wish, i just wanted to give the material so you or anyone else could make the game being supported, is there a legit way to do so on this website ?

is there an alternative way to play the omni3d games that would make them playable (not to fast) ?
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

If you want to provide materials, you can always contact one of the team leaders and volunteer to post original discs to an appropriate developer. That said, I looked at the engine in question and there's been no work done on it since the end of last year. So if you want the game supported, you'd likely either need to take responsibility to get someone interesting in working on the engine, or learn programming (if you don't already know it) and work on support yourself. Or try and track down the original developers and/or company and see if you can convince them to release source code for the game to make it easier for developers to work on.

ScummVM is the work of volunteers who have their own interests. Supporting a game can also takes months to years of dedicated work, even in cases such as this where there's an engine for other games from the same company. With such a fringe game, it's less likely that anyone will care enough about it to ever devote the time to adding support for it.
gemeaux333

Post by gemeaux333 »

Well the company owning the rights would be Ubisoft so its a bit tricky

who do you suggest me to ask first amongst the devs working on the omni3d engine of Scummvm ?

one of my previous questions remains : is there another way to run omni3d games properly (not too fast) outside of scummvm ?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@gemeaux333
one of my previous questions remains : is there another way to run omni3d games properly (not too fast) outside of scummvm ?
Yes, original hardware or DosBox
gemeaux333

Post by gemeaux333 »

doesn't work with dosbox and doesn't have original hardware

is there a virtual computer program that would do the trick ?
Tsomi

Post by Tsomi »

@gemeaux333
gemeaux333 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:23 pm doesn't work with dosbox and doesn't have original hardware

is there a virtual computer program that would do the trick ?
You could try installing Windows 98 inside something like VMware Workstation Player. There are some YouTube videos explaining how to do that.
gemeaux333

Post by gemeaux333 »

thanks, but it seems that Virtualbox and Wmware gives bad results for the game from what I could gather here in the comments, and I should use PCem :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jzm3STHZ50