Android - Verb Coin

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mangozoo

Android - Verb Coin

Post by Mangozoo »

Hi all,

New user to Scummvm's Android port so any help appreciated.

I'm up and running with various games but I'm having trouble with Curse of Monkey Island. Having tried every suggestion I could find, I cannot bring up the "verb coin". All the variations of double-taps, long presses, etc., only ever get me to the inventory. I just can't seem to get past this issue despite a lot of time on Google!

I'm using a Xiaomi phone and latest Android 11.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Android - Verb Coin

Post by Praetorian »

Mangozoo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:07 pm Hi all,

New user to Scummvm's Android port so any help appreciated.

I'm up and running with various games but I'm having trouble with Curse of Monkey Island. Having tried every suggestion I could find, I cannot bring up the "verb coin". All the variations of double-taps, long presses, etc., only ever get me to the inventory. I just can't seem to get past this issue despite a lot of time on Google!

I'm using a Xiaomi phone and latest Android 11.
Which version of ScummVM are you running?
In the latest versions the verb coin comes up with single-finger douple tap+hold (and then drag to select the appropriate action). The cursor must be on an item or a character at the time.

I've just tested this on ScummVM 2.6.0git (the development version), but it should work exactly like that in 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 too
Mangozoo

Post by Mangozoo »

Thanks so much for the help.

I'm on 2.5.0.

Double-tap and hold has no effect. I can bring up the inventory though, by use of two fingers. I've not yet managed to raise the verb coin even the once.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

Mangozoo wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:21 pm Thanks so much for the help.

I'm on 2.5.0.

Double-tap and hold has no effect. I can bring up the inventory though, by use of two fingers. I've not yet managed to raise the verb coin even the once.
I uploaded a video showing the gesture here. It's kind of low res, but it's the best I can do in short time.
https://youtu.be/mpC-NqKVLLk

This is using ScummVM 2.5.0 on a RedMi Pro (Android 10)
Mangozoo

Post by Mangozoo »

That's very helpful.

That's exactly what I'm doing, but no pop-up.

Could there be any setting within Scumm that I might have inadvertently set incorrectly?
Mangozoo

Post by Mangozoo »

Right. I'm not sure if this was it or not, but I deleted the app cache, restarted it all and undid the previous backend settings and re-established them after, and I've now seen the verb coin!