Discworld bug?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Agozerosu

Discworld bug?

Post by Agozerosu »

Discworld, English CD version.

During the opening cutscene where the drunk patron walks from the top right down to the middle and bumps on Death(?), after said bump, an extraneous character + animation of the same drunk briefly appears back in the top right and then dissappears while the "proper" sequence of events continues as is in the bottom middle of the screen.

I don't remember if this visual glitch happens originally (can't test atm) or if this is something introduced by ScummVM.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Discworld bug?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Agozerosu wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:18 pm I don't remember if this visual glitch happens originally (can't test atm) or if this is something introduced by ScummVM.
I can only reproduce it with the version that uses .GRA files instead of .SCN files. I believe that's the earliest (and buggiest) of the CD versions, but I don't know the details.

I can't reproduce it in DOSBox, though, so I guess it is a ScummVM bug.

Edit: So of course, filing a bug report is a good idea, since bug reports that only are here tend to be forgotten unless they are obvious enough to be fixed right away. This one probably isn't. At least not to me.
Agozerosu

Re: Discworld bug?

Post by Agozerosu »

My version is Discworld has a bunch of SCN files, like Discworld II, so appearenly this happens regardless of which version of Discworld is used. Opened a ticket so I hope this gets noticed better.