PPC version

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

greyfrontier

Re: PPC version

Post by greyfrontier »

Hi Tsomi, thank you for all of your work keeping the PowerPC version updated.

I'm willing to try and step up and assist building - I don't exactly have too much experience, but I do indeed have working hardware.. PowerMac G5 Single and PowerMac G4 MDD (both run 10.5.8), but I assume we'll need Tiger 10.4.11 to do your building correct?

Otherwise, if you're still maintaining the port, I'll just try and offer testing then..
Tsomi

Post by Tsomi »

greyfrontier wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:49 pm Hi Tsomi, thank you for all of your work keeping the PowerPC version updated.

I'm willing to try and step up and assist building - I don't exactly have too much experience, but I do indeed have working hardware.. PowerMac G5 Single and PowerMac G4 MDD (both run 10.5.8), but I assume we'll need Tiger 10.4.11 to do your building correct?

Otherwise, if you're still maintaining the port, I'll just try and offer testing then..
Hi!

Thanks for offering your help. I’ve found the time to do some builds again, and so a 2.8.0 release is indeed available for OSX PPC, on the regular download page.

So I don’t think we’ll need help for builds right now (and the OSX PPC build process is a bit funky) but testing the releases and the games on your PPC devices would be very appreciated! Please don’t hesitate reporting any issue on https://bugs.scummvm.org.

(Also: Tiger is indeed a current requirement for building the release, but that’s only because the updated compiler from Leopard MacPorts has no Tiger compatibility in its C++ lib. Otherwise, Leopard itself can build for Tiger with some special flags.)
greyfrontier

Post by greyfrontier »

No worries, I appreciate all of the work you do! Thanks again :) I'll work on testing soon!