Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sokairyk

Libretro Windows build

Post by sokairyk »

Hi!

I'm struggling to compile the libretro core for Windows from the github source:

https://github.com/diablodiab/scummvm

I'm currently using Retroarch 1.9.11 and the official libretro core of ScummVM is having some issues detecting keyboard input in focus mode and this fork has this issue resolved. I've managed to build the backend in Linux using the make file in backednds/platform/libretro/build path, but in Windows I cannot compile the libretro core.

Visual Studio's nmake is not compatible with the makefile provided for the libretro core, so I installed cygwin and I've tried to compile the project with:

Code: Select all

make CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11"
and I'm getting the following error:

Code: Select all

../../../../backends/fs/stdiostream.cpp:59:16: error: ‘_ftelli64’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘_ftello_r’?
   59 |         return _ftelli64((FILE *)_handle);
      |                ^~~~~~~~~
      |                _ftello_r
../../../../backends/fs/stdiostream.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int64 StdioStream::size() const’:
../../../../backends/fs/stdiostream.cpp:69:24: error: ‘_ftelli64’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘_ftello_r’?
   69 |         int64 oldPos = _ftelli64((FILE *)_handle);
      |                        ^~~~~~~~~
      |                        _ftello_r
../../../../backends/fs/stdiostream.cpp:70:9: error: ‘_fseeki64’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘_fseeko_r’?
   70 |         _fseeki64((FILE *)_handle, 0, SEEK_END);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~
      |         _fseeko_r
../../../../backends/fs/stdiostream.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool StdioStream::seek(int64, int)’:
../../../../backends/fs/stdiostream.cpp:90:16: error: ‘_fseeki64’ was not declared in this scope; did you mean ‘_fseeko_r’?
   90 |         return _fseeki64((FILE *)_handle, offs, whence) == 0;
      |                ^~~~~~~~~
      |                _fseeko_r
make: *** [Makefile:563: backends/fs/stdiostream.o] Error 1
I've tried searching and tried different standards for the C++ compiler with no success. What am I missing??
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Libretro Windows build

Post by sev »

RetroArch is not an official fork and contains unknown patches, also it is known for breaking compatibility and portability. Your best bet is to go to the RetroArch folks and ask there.

Eugene