We need to talk about Spiffy.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

OmerMor
Got a warning

Re: We need to talk about Spiffy.

Post by OmerMor »

I love their answer! Thanks for reaching out to them :D

As for your question: I am all for adding it. Your restoration looks great and it certainly evokes nostalgic feelings for anyone who's familiar with the box art. Think of it as an Expanded Universe... :D
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

aleksoctop wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:37 pm The Arf-arf text should've been a giveaway.
Not necessarily. While it seems unusual, there is at least one occasion where something is said with that font. It is when Guybrush says "Acck!" and then continues with "gophers!" in the normal font during the first self playing sequence in the mansion. Thus it is something they actually might have done after all.
Alien Grey

Post by Alien Grey »

I think at this time the debate shoudn't be if it should be added but how it should be added.

For example people were asking for the Space Quest IV Risng Sun patch for a long time to add the content that was removed from the floppy version to the CD version. For a long time people didn't seem to care about it but now it has been added to ScummVM V2.5.0. Something I think is awesome and opens the possibilty for much more.

To make everyone happy it could be added as a game option in the ScummVM game engine menu. If you like the patch you can enable it and if you don't... well don't enable it.

Something else I would like to talk about is the box art. As a printer I know that at that time it was almost impossible to make a print that looks exactly as it should be. It's possible that the print looks pretty close to the original but I doubt it.

That's my two cents about Spiffy. :D