Escape from Monkey Island not working

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

schwano

Escape from Monkey Island not working

Post by schwano »

Hey all. I tried to load Escape from Monkey Island in 2.5.0, and I get Error running game: Game id not supported (Escape from Monkey island support is not complied in) I am using the exact same files and file structure that worked in the last version of ResidualVM. Thanks!

Mac OS 11.6
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Escape from Monkey Island not working

Post by Praetorian »

schwano wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:28 am Hey all. I tried to load Escape from Monkey Island in 2.5.0, and I get Error running game: Game id not supported (Escape from Monkey island support is not complied in) I am using the exact same files and file structure that worked in the last version of ResidualVM. Thanks!

Mac OS 11.6
Hi, Escape from Monkey Island is only supported on development builds of ScummVM (column "branch master" at https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/dailybuilds). Currently, those would be version 2.6.0git.

It is not supported in the official stable 2.5.0 release.
schwano

Post by schwano »

Got it. Thanks for responding! I wonder what the issue was as it was working with ResidualVM, and I assumed when they merged the support would have moved over too.
Profesor Falken

Post by Profesor Falken »

Praetorian wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:15 am
schwano wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:28 am Hey all. I tried to load Escape from Monkey Island in 2.5.0, and I get Error running game: Game id not supported (Escape from Monkey island support is not complied in) I am using the exact same files and file structure that worked in the last version of ResidualVM. Thanks!

Mac OS 11.6
Hi, Escape from Monkey Island is only supported on development builds of ScummVM (column "branch master" at https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/dailybuilds). Currently, those would be version 2.6.0git.

It is not supported in the official stable 2.5.0 release.

Exactly, but in 2.6you can´t save a game cause the save option doesn't appears in the menu.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Profesor Falken wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:42 am Exactly, but in 2.6you can´t save a game cause the save option doesn't appears in the menu.
Does pressing F1 to use the game's own menu work?