instant move between screens

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jowtron

instant move between screens

Post by jowtron »

Not sure what to call this, but in later Lucas Arts games you could move between screens instantly by double clicking, this was great not having to watch the character sometimes slowly navigate their way to the next screen. Is there a way to implement this for older titles, or even across the board? Would it be technically possible?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: instant move between screens

Post by eriktorbjorn »

I don't know, but I'd be terrified of accidentally breaking something that relies on the player actually walking over something, or timing.
LogicDeLuxe

Re: instant move between screens

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:30 am I don't know, but I'd be terrified of accidentally breaking something that relies on the player actually walking over something, or timing.
Implementing an instant switch would be error prone indeed. But what if we just accelerate the game to max speed and keep all things in sync, until the room changes, the player controlled actor stops walking or any actor starts talking, whatever happens first. On iMuse titles, that accelleration would need to include the music as well, I guess.