[Audio Encoding Issue]Which Quicktime version does SCUMMVM support for Riven?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Memnarch

[Audio Encoding Issue]Which Quicktime version does SCUMMVM support for Riven?

Post by Memnarch »

Hello,
I did some restoration work on Rivens Videos and encountered a problem. I extracted the audio stream using ffmpeg (copy) from the original and put it into the new one. However upon playback, the game does not play the audio. My assumption is, that the .mov container written by ffmpeg is a newer one?

It does not seem ffmpeg, even when told to copy, keeps the ima4 audio track untouched. In the new video file, Mediainfo does not show the "16bits" entry, while it does in the original one.

If I produce a raw pcm, headerless, audiostream and put that into the video, that's not working either. In this case it was "twos" codec. Looking at
(audio\decoders\quicktime.cpp)

Code: Select all

Common::QuickTimeParser::SampleDesc *QuickTimeAudioDecoder::readSampleDesc(Track *track, uint32 format, uint32 descSize) {
The stsdVersion is always 0. I don't think this is correct for my case?

All videos play fine when played by a regular Mediaplayer.
Memnarch

Re: [Audio Encoding Issue]Which Quicktime version does SCUMMVM support for Riven?

Post by Memnarch »

Okay, that was simple. My files were not playing correctly due to a hack in SCUMMVM for Riven-Videos inside MohawkArchives.

See:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob ... e.cpp#L679

All I needed to do was to report an offset of 0 for my sideloaded files and everything started to work.