Scumm doesn't support Glulxe games.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pilaxoft

Scumm doesn't support Glulxe games.

Post by pilaxoft »

I am trying to "mass add" a directory with glulxe games and scumm don't discover none. I have tried with blb, blorb, ulx extensions with no result.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Scumm doesn't support Glulxe games.

Post by Praetorian »

pilaxoft wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:58 pm I am trying to "mass add" a directory with glulxe games and scumm don't discover none. I have tried with blb, blorb, ulx extensions with no result.
Please provide some additional info:
- Which version of ScummVM are you testing with?
- Which version of Android?
- Does the same folder structure work when performing a "mass add" with the Windows (or Linux, Mac etc) ScummVM for these games?
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

The question is that Scumm detect and add z3, z5, zblorb but no glulx extensions.
I have installed a fresh copy from googleplay since my old version installed (just the same) didin't let me "go up" in the archive structure.

So, I use a Galaxy Tab A with 7.1.1 Android version, and 2.2.1.d version of Scumm

I have tryed moving files to some locations: internal memorie, sdcard, archieving files in a scumm named folder with no result.

Salu2
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

pilaxoft wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:13 pm 2.2.1.d version of Scumm
That would be the issue. ScummVM 2.2 did not include support for Glulxe games. The next release will be the first one to officially support those games. So for now if you want to play then you will need a daily build version.
pilaxoft

Post by pilaxoft »

Thank you very much, I am a bit lost these days.
My interest in that Glulxe compatibility is the habilitie for making transcripts of the interpreter. I often do betatest and I need to create these transcript files.
There is no interpreter in Android that lends me to do these transcripts. Fabularium, Twisty, Text fiction...
In compatibility page I can read compatibility glulxe is good.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

pilaxoft wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:02 pm In compatibility page I can read compatibility glulxe is good.
By default the compatibility page displays the list for the development version of ScummVM. You have a version selector toward the top of the page that you can use see support for specific releases. If you switch to the 2.2.0 version, you will see that glulxe is not listed :wink: