ScummVM and ResidualVM merged

Discussions regarding the development of the mod "Grim Fandango Deluxe"

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MarkAmiga500

ScummVM and ResidualVM merged

Post by MarkAmiga500 »

ScummVM and ResidualVM merged into a single project - Grim Fandango and others now playable

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comm ... _a_single/

It is working ?!
do the PS3 ScummVM support this game ?!

Im so late in news and SO excited !!
DeanGAus84

Re: ScummVM and ResidualVM merged

Post by DeanGAus84 »

New Android versions no longer support residual which sucks but the latest scummvm doesn't run grim Fandango either. Heartbreaking to not have the full lucasarts adventure collection not on my phone anymore
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM and ResidualVM merged

Post by Praetorian »

DeanGAus84 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:42 am New Android versions no longer support residual which sucks but the latest scummvm doesn't run grim Fandango either. Heartbreaking to not have the full lucasarts adventure collection not on my phone anymore
For all ports (Windows, Linux etc), the latest official (stable) scummvm release happened before the merge with ResidualVM, hence it will not support Grim Fandango. This is coming in the next official release (2.3.0 or greater), which does not have an ETA as of yet. You could, however, test with a daily development build from our buildbot. Most of the ports have the necessary updates to run the ResidualVM games.

For the Android specifically:
We don't have a dedicated Android porter, so the progress on the merge for fully supporting the 3d engines implemented in ResidualVM is slow. We're also all working on a voluntary basis and on our free time. Personally, due to other priorities I have barely looked into this task. The development builds for Android may not be able to run most of the 3d games that came with the ResidualVM merge.