TLJ can't find game

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Norskat

TLJ can't find game

Post by Norskat »

Hi,
I've got the longest journey in 4 CD, I try to copy all file like describe on the github page, when I try to add the game, I've got the error message can't find game into the directory. I try to install it from CD, same issue. I finally try with the GOG version still same problem...

Any Ideas ?

Thanks
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Re: TLJ can't find game

Post by somaen »

Which version of ResidualVM did you try with?
glenfx

Post by glenfx »

I have the same problem, it says it can't find the game (GOG version).

I'm using ResidualVM 0.3.1
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

glenfx wrote:I'm using ResidualVM 0.3.1
That probably the reason. While the compatibility page for the development version lists The Longest Journey as a supported game, the one for 0.3.1 does not. So you presumably need one of the daily builds instead. (I haven't tried them myself.)
glenfx

Post by glenfx »

Oooh!! nice I actually thought the compatibility list was for the latest stable version.

Thank you, I will be trying with the daily builds then.
DymWhitt

Post by DymWhitt »

eriktorbjorn wrote:That probably the reason. While the compatibility page for the development version lists The Longest Journey as a supported game, ...]
I'd like to know which files, and in what file/folder order from the 4 CDs for - The Longest Journey - are required to install the game correctly to play it with ResidualVM v0.3.1, and higher, as these details are not on the Documentation > Datafiles page - as yet. :wink:

However, I found what I believe I needed on the GitHub page of ResidualVM, so here is a list of what you need, I believe:

You will need to copy the data files from your The Longest Journey CDs, DVD or digital distribution into one directory. Specifically, you'll need:

The 1aÔÇö79 directories (only 4f for demo version).
The global directory.
The static directory.
The fonts directory (not critical, but recommended ÔÇô┬ásee below).
x.xarc and all the INI files.
game.exe (not critical, but recommended for a styled message dialog)
The 2-CD and DVD versions have some of the data files packed in installer archives. The archives need to be unpacked before they can be used.

Hopefully these details are correct (Cut+Pasted) - but still require adding to the ResidualVM, Documentation > Datafiles page, when those of you who have authority get a moment to do so. 8)