Discworld Noir - any chance of support?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

George22

Discworld Noir - any chance of support?

Post by George22 »

After great progress of ResidualVM just one adventure game from my personal top ten still does not work properly on modern computers - Discworld Noir. It is very hard to start it on Windows and when running, it crashes constantly. ScummVM already supports Tinsel engine (Discworld 1+2) and I would like to ask if there is a chance that Noir will be supported in the future in ResidualVM. Is any developer interested in it? It would be very sad if such excellent game was forgotten because of technical difficulties to run it on modern platforms.
aquadran
ScummVM Developer

Re: Discworld Noir - any chance of support?

Post by aquadran »

George22 wrote:After great progress of ResidualVM just one adventure game from my personal top ten still does not work properly on modern computers - Discworld Noir. It is very hard to start it on Windows and when running, it crashes constantly. ScummVM already supports Tinsel engine (Discworld 1+2) and I would like to ask if there is a chance that Noir will be supported in the future in ResidualVM. Is any developer interested in it? It would be very sad if such excellent game was forgotten because of technical difficulties to run it on modern platforms.
There is always a chance to support it in the future, but so far there is no interest to work on it.
Tinsel engine could be reused from ScummVM.
George22

Post by George22 »

Ok, thank you for reply and hope that one day Discworld Noir will be part of this great program.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

George22 wrote:hope that one day Discworld Noir will be part of this great program.
So do I :)