Myst : Masterpiece edition, unable to play in french.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BoTToX

Myst : Masterpiece edition, unable to play in french.

Post by BoTToX »

Hi,
I just bought myst : masterpiece edition on gog and i want to play it on my samsung tab s3. Unfortunately i can't put it in french, scummvm don't recognize other languages than english.
I can only replace English video by French by replacing it with that of the "french/qtw" directory but all texts remain in English.
the game is normally playable in French, German, Spanish...etc
If anyone has a solution....

thank you.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Myst : Masterpiece edition, unable to play in french.

Post by criezy »

Which version of ScummVM do you have on your Samsung S3? I suspect the one you have is too old.

Support for the localised 25th Anniversary edition of Myst ME (which is the one GOG provides) was added to ScummVM on July 30, 2018. So any version older than that will indeed no detect the languages other than English. This includes ScummVM 2.0.0 (since it was released in December 2017).

I also own Myst Masterpiece Edition on gog, so I just checked it and it seems to work properly for me.
GoG actually has a language selection for the download, but it doesn't really matter as the download comes with all the languages anyway. Also it comes with ScummVM and I think the only difference between each download is that the included ScummVM is already setup to use the corresponding language. But if you add the game to ScummVM again, it lets you choose between English, French, German, Polish, or Spanish. So ScummVM properly recognises that all those languages are available. I selected French, and then played a bit and the game is indeed in French.
BoTToX

Re: Myst : Masterpiece edition, unable to play in french.

Post by BoTToX »

I have the latest version availlable for android, v2.0.0. (jan 2018)
I don't want to use daily build cause it don't support the S-pen.
I need to wait for the next update :,(

Thanks for your answer.