Question about fullscreen stretching on Mac OS port

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

supercommando89

Question about fullscreen stretching on Mac OS port

Post by supercommando89 »

Hello all, I'm a bit new into the Mac OS scene, and had a question about fullscreen mode on the ScummVM 2.0 Mac port. When I run the games in fullscreen mode, with or without aspect ratio correction the game displays in a 4:3 picture with the black bars on the left and right side.

Now, with Windows I know how to use the graphics card settings to 'stretch' applications so that even a 4:3 graphics setting will fill the entire screen and was wondering how to achieve the same effect on Mac OS. I looked for a similar tray utility to enable that but there doesn't seem to be a application for that on Mac. And I've tried all sorts of combinations within ScummVM itself to no avail, so I'm not sure where to go at this point.

I've been looking into it but haven't found anything yet, I'll keep looking but figured I would ask here in case somebody knew how or if it was even possible. Not a huge deal, just bugs me to play with the black bars on either side. Thanks in advance!
supercommando89

Post by supercommando89 »

I found out my answer. Mac OS doesnt seem to have a tray utility like windows to let you specify how to fill the screen but I downgraded to ScummVM 1.6.0 for Mac OS and it had three opengl options including one to stretch, so now the game fills the screen! :D

Might want to add that option back into the next release for 2.x! This was on High Sierra btw