No music in "The Secret of Monkey Island" SegaCD v

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kuir

No music in "The Secret of Monkey Island" SegaCD v

Post by kuir »

Hi !

I just got the SegaCD version of Monkey Island 1 and there is no music. I mean, I compressed the audio tracks to mp3 (their name is something like track02.mp3, track03.mp3, etc...), put them into the Monkey Island SegaCD folder and that's it.

The game works fine, but no music (sound effects do work btw). Is there something I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot for your great work, I love you all and I'm very expectant to be able to play Kyrandia 2 and 3 too ! :D
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: No music in "The Secret of Monkey Island" Sega

Post by eriktorbjorn »

kuir wrote:I just got the SegaCD version of Monkey Island 1 and there is no music. I mean, I compressed the audio tracks to mp3 (their name is something like track02.mp3, track03.mp3, etc...), put them into the Monkey Island SegaCD folder and that's it.

The game works fine, but no music (sound effects do work btw). Is there something I'm doing wrong ?
To quote the README file, "Name the files track1.mp3 track2.mp3 etc." If you named them track02.mp3, track03.mp3, then the name is wrong (because of the extra 0), and the numbering is wrong (because you started on 2, not 1).

It seems a lot of CD ripping programs will name the first audio track something with a 2 in it, but as far as ScummVM is concerned the data track doesn't count.
kuir

Post by kuir »

Thanks for your super fast answer !

I swear to god I read the readme file 3 or 4 times enterly, made some search, but couldn't find anything related to MI SegaCD.

Hope it didn't bother ! Thanks again !

PS : I ripped with iTunes, so, yes, it started with track02.mp3, as you thought.