Gobliiins (VGA CD Version). How to use soundtrack?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

xuxo

Gobliiins (VGA CD Version). How to use soundtrack?

Post by xuxo »

Hi,

I have obtained the following files off my Gobliiins VGA CD version

-SIZE FILENAME
==================
- 949 GOB.LIC
- 3.295.368 INTRO.STK
-348.462.956 Track1.wav

The problem is that I can not get the soundtrack wav file (track1.wav) to be recognised by ScummVM (0.8.2) hence there is no soundtrack in game (other than the basic sound effects when interacting with the scenario)

Do the track have to compress to a specific format (MP3/OGG/FLAC) first, o perhaps I have to rename it to a different name?

I have recently discovered this ScummVM software and I just read the FAQ and ScummVM Documentation and I think I am going by the book, but I can´t find out what I´m doing wrong.

Anyone could shed a light please? Thanks very much indeed.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Gobliiins (VGA CD Version). How to use soundtrack?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

xuxo wrote:Do the track have to compress to a specific format (MP3/OGG/FLAC) first, o perhaps I have to rename it to a different name?
ScummVM should be able to play the sound directly from the CD, but it's more convenient to do as you did, and rip the audio track to a file instead. MP3, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC should all work; WAV does not.

Depending on format, the file can be called track1.mp3, track1.ogg, track1.fla or track1.flac.
xuxo

Got it working

Post by xuxo »

I started playing with the settings and eventually It worked. Sorry and thanks :-)

Also, converting it to MP3 or OGG reduces the size drastically! Good for PSP users :-D