Broken Sword II on OS X

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

pmaciel wrote: i din't go very deep, but i understand that if the ocx file is missing it should detect the non-alt version (because i have "clusters/players.clu"). it doesn't work this way though...
At detection, I think it only scans the top-level directory, not any sub-directories. So it wouldn't find clusters/players.clu since it's in a sub-directory.
pmaciel wrote: as Ben mentioned, there are more 'documentedly' required files. there is a FIXME comment on the "startup.inf" (line 613) on its possible use (boot params and that), but it's not currently used in the stable release. the other files, "cd.bin" and "clusters/vielogo.tga", i'm almost sure they are not used at all.
The startup.inf is used (by the debug console), but not required. The vielogo.tga and cd.bin files are not used.
pmaciel wrote: i still wonder the difference between "sword2" and "sword2alt" modes, i did grep the code sword2/* for "alt"" and didn't figure much...
As far as the game engine is concerned, none whatsoever. To it, there are only two games: The full game, and the demo. Once it has made that distinction, it does not care what the game is called.
pmaciel

Post by pmaciel »

thanks for everything, i don't have any other doubt whatsoever :)