ipaq hx4700 memory problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JCDenton

ipaq hx4700 memory problems

Post by JCDenton »

Hey guys

I know this is a very unsupported platform now but I recently acquired an hx4700, flashed to wm5. I have successfully got the Win CE port to work in it running from a 2Gb SD card. (scummvm engine files are on the card itself, not on the pocket pc, so I should have all of the base memory free... I hope)

Some games run just fine (Amazon Queen, The Dig) but some (Loom and Broken Sword 2) fail with Assertion errors.

I read in some previous posts that Fingolfin suggested assertion errors are due to memory issues. Fair comment. However even when running the scummvm3 file, I still cannot get BS2 to run.

A shame really, I would liketo play this game on the road, any ideas or am I doomed to buying a more modern device to take with me :(

edit: sorry, forgot to mention that I downloaded the latest version of the CE port from the scummvm website, version 1.4.0
JCDenton

Post by JCDenton »

: update :

Seems to be the sound files causing issues, too large. If anybody stil reading this thread, I will try on my other hx4700 using WinCE 2003 SE to see if it is the o/s hogging resources or just plain lack of memory.