Discworld crashes while starting

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

smoooochy

Discworld crashes while starting

Post by smoooochy »

Hi there,

I tried to play Discworld on my Nexus One (Android 2.3.6). The game gets recognized ( I installed the tinsel plugin), but when trying to start it just goes back to my home screen.
I tried different versions of Discworld, but none seems to work.
Any ideas, something I missed?

Best, smoochy
BTW thanks for that android port, I really enjoy it during breaks at work!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Does it work on your desktop?

Eugene
Jez_Gafys

Post by Jez_Gafys »

I don't think this is scumm at fault as it works fine on my phone though I am on an slightly older android revision 2.3.4
smoooochy

Post by smoooochy »

sev wrote:Does it work on your desktop?

Eugene
Yes, every version I tried on my phone also works on my desktop.
I don't think this is scumm at fault as it works fine on my phone though I am on an slightly older android revision 2.3.4
Well, what mobile phone do you have? Do you have any suggestions what I maybe did wrong, or what the fault is?
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Discworld crashes while starting

Post by fuzzie »

smoooochy wrote:I tried to play Discworld on my Nexus One (Android 2.3.6). The game gets recognized ( I installed the tinsel plugin), but when trying to start it just goes back to my home screen.
I tried different versions of Discworld, but none seems to work.
Could you provide the log just after the crash, please? (for example, using 'adb log' or by installing the app 'aLogcat' from the Market)
smoooochy

Post by smoooochy »

Sure

Since it is 50kb and I didnt wanna copy paste it and also found no possibility to attach files I uploaded it to mediafire:

mediafire.com/?0dn6bsj8lebcvn8

Best, smoochy
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

smoooochy wrote:Since it is 50kb and I didnt wanna copy paste it and also found no possibility to attach files I uploaded it to mediafire:
"E/ScummVM ( 4030): File index is corrupt!" - the tinsel plugin is reporting that your "index" file is corrupt (the wrong size). Not sure why it crashes after that, but that bit is not relevant to your problem. You've tried re-copying the files and making sure you're not out of space?
smoooochy

Post by smoooochy »

Yes, but to be sure, I freed up double the amount needed, tried it with every discworld version i have (and which run under windows). No effect. Then I deinstalled all scumm plugins and scumm and reinstalled only scumm and tinsel, also no effect. ....
(For every version I get the file index is corrupt thing, but it sounded like that didnt matter that much?)
smoooochy

Post by smoooochy »

I now also tried it on my tablet (notion ink adam, running adamcomb 0.3 (honeycomb based)), same thing happens...
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Post by fuzzie »

smoooochy wrote:(For every version I get the file index is corrupt thing, but it sounded like that didnt matter that much?)
Well, I don't mean to say it doesn't matter - it's an error which means that your data is corrupt and so it can't start the game, so that's a pretty big problem. I'll take a look at it.
smoooochy

Post by smoooochy »

Is there anything I can help you with?