How performing left-mouse-click on The Dig?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

amyris_tom

How performing left-mouse-click on The Dig?

Post by amyris_tom »

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to perform a long left-mouse-click in "The Dig" via Touchscreen input? In "The Dig" you need this to activate the light bridges for example (left-mouse-click + holding the mouse key as long as the light bridge beam needs to reach the target).

In games like "Full Throttle" you can perform a double tab on the screen to simulate a longer mouse click (to get the verb icon) but this does not work in "The Dig".

Has anyone a hint for me how to do this?
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

twanj79

Re: How performing left-mouse-click on The Dig?

Post by twanj79 »

amyris_tom wrote:Hi there,

I am looking for a way to perform a long left-mouse-click in "The Dig" via Touchscreen input? In "The Dig" you need this to activate the light bridges for example (left-mouse-click + holding the mouse key as long as the light bridge beam needs to reach the target).

In games like "Full Throttle" you can perform a double tab on the screen to simulate a longer mouse click (to get the verb icon) but this does not work in "The Dig".

Has anyone a hint for me how to do this?
Did you get it to work? I have exactly the same issue. How did you overcome this problem? On my asus transformer double tap with holding after the second tap results in a 'short'left mouse press. But i need it to last longer in order to make the bridge appear.

Thanx
josergc

Post by josergc »

I got the same issue but I solved this hold left click in Android by mapping the left click with a button of the virtual keyboard, then put the cursor on the button of the panel, open the virtual keyboard, and press and hold the mapped button until the bridge is turned on
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

josergc wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:14 pm I got the same issue but I solved this hold left click in Android by mapping the left click with a button of the virtual keyboard, then put the cursor on the button of the panel, open the virtual keyboard, and press and hold the mapped button until the bridge is turned on
This is a really old thread. The issue should be resolved in recent ScummVM Android port versions, at least for the touch interface. (Not sure if there's an issue if one is using a physical mouse connected to their Android device).

I've just tested with the upcoming 2.6.0. It requires a quick double tap and hold but it works fine to draw the bridge line. It took me 2-3 tries to get it right though.