Full Throttle

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maxx

Full Throttle

Post by Maxx »

I am totally computer illiterate and have no idea what I need to do to get my copy of Full Throttle to work. I have a Dell computer with Windows XP and could realy use someones help with it. The game loaded fine and works fine with the exception that there is no sound whatsoever. If anyone knows how to help me, please give me a number you can be reached at and times it would be ok to call. I could really usee the help. Thanks.
clem

Post by clem »

hi

create a folder on your harddisk, copy the files over.
then add the files to ScummVM:

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0200586/ ... index.html

afaik ScummVM does not have an installation hotline :-)

hope that helps,
clem
Maxx

Post by Maxx »

I must be doing something wrong. Nothing I do seems to work. I have no idea what I'm doing. Do you know of somewhere or someone that I could get very detailed step by step instructions from? If you do, please help. Maxx
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

In a few versions of full throttle the game data is located in the resource folder on the cd, try copying the data from there onto your hard drive, then follow the tutorial at the link clem posted
hope this helps
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

If you still don't know which data files are needed look here: http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles
tanatie

Post by tanatie »

I simply copied every file srom every subfolder there is to the same root folder and also left the original subfolders with the files in them and it all worked just fine...I finished the game in 3 hours after about 10 years...I still remembered most of the story:)

I had one problem though: in the junkyard I put the meat in the wrong car and I couldn't find any way of taking it out again so I had to restart the game from the begining. Is this a bug or did I miss something?
clem

Post by clem »

in an unrelated comment, do you guys also get the feeling that FT is the shortest of all Lucasarts Adventures?
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

Yeah, it sure is quite a short game. It would be perfect for beginners. Well, I think Full Throttle's good points are the graphics, the video sequences, the music, the action sequences and the cool atmosphere 8) . If it only had to rely on its puzzles it wouldn't be such a great game, because it's kinda short.
Big Bottom

Post by Big Bottom »

clem wrote:in an unrelated comment, do you guys also get the feeling that FT is the shortest of all Lucasarts Adventures?
Definitely, it's feels almost like an interactive cartoon and I don't mean that in a bad way. Very short but I don't think they could have kept the same production values if it was a large game.

FT was the first time I felt like I was playing something cinematic.

If the game is loading fine but there's no sound then something's up and it probably isn't because you copied the files over wrong (it wouldn't run at all I think if you had). Do you get sound in other games ok? Have you tried any other ScummVM games?

Edit - Oh, I'm only a month late. :lol:
tanatie

Post by tanatie »

does full throttle have the file monster.sou? and if it does, did you copy it in the root directory?

and yes it is kinda short, but on the other hand I've played some quite long adventures and only a few of them good, since they're mostly long because of a stupid story and unimaginative or impossible object connections...
clem

Post by clem »

tanatie wrote:and yes it is kinda short, but on the other hand I've played some quite long adventures and only a few of them good, since they're mostly long because of a stupid story and unimaginative or impossible object connections...
monkey2 is a notable exception here, I can't remember any repetetive tasks (apart from the labyrinths probably, but they are solvable without trial & error)