Monkey Island 1 Macintosh

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ddiascro

Monkey Island 1 Macintosh

Post by ddiascro »

I've been trying to get Monkey Island 1 setup on the latest version of ScummVM 0.8.2 for OSX. I have the Macintosh Floppy version installed. Whenever I try to start the game, I get an error message saying "Cannot find file '000.lfl'". I have all the files from the floppy disks in the same folder. They are named Monkey1.000 through Monkey1.005. The platform is set to Macintosh.

I have an older version of ScummVM, 0.6.0, where it works correctly.

Any ideas?
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

I have this same problem, i have got the lucasarts mac cd game pack, and no matter what i do i cant get MI to work, I can get all the other games in the pack (except pipe dream of course) to work in ScummVM, with a little bit of work (the *.LFL files for Loom and IJLC are both split into 3 folders named rooms1 - rooms3) I really want to get the most out of this purchase, so i was wondering if any of the devs have any idea how ot get this game to work, Or if anyone has scummvm 0.6.0 so i can try out this version of MI?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I actually have monkey for mac, and it works just fine for me...

The problem might be the case: Try renaming "Monkey1.000" to "monkey1.000", does that help?

Background: The default file system on Mac ignores the case in filenames, but most other file systems don't. And ScummVM normally only looks for "MONKEY1.000" and "monkey1.000".
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fingolfin wrote:The problem might be the case: Try renaming "Monkey1.000" to "monkey1.000", does that help?

And ScummVM normally only looks for "MONKEY1.000" and "monkey1.000".
...and Monkey1.000, i.e. Filename.ext.

Eugene
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Hi, thanks for the help guys. to clarify my files are MONKEY1.000 - MONKEY1.000 plus a "Monkey Island" file. I tried renaming the files to monkey1.000 and still have the same problem. when i try to add the game, Scummvm recognizes it as the secret of monkey island but doesnt recognize the platfom. when i try to start it i get a 'cannot find 000.lfl' error. i tried manually setting the platfom to macintosh, but get the same error. I use windows XP, and HFVexplorer to get the files off the mac disk. I have tried the different ways of getting the game off the disk (raw copy of the data fork, let the program decide, etc) and cant seem to get this to work no matter what i do. I have some additional info about these files that i posted on this thread if this helps.

EDIT
i use ScummVM 0.8.1 (just to be thorough in my description)
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Please file a proper bug report then, at our bug tracker.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

BTW, I just tested again, and it works flawlessly for me.

I have the english mac version of Monkey Island, and it is detected etc.

Hm, maybe you have a different version -- what language is yours? What MD5 checksum does monkey1.000 have?

-> best would be not to reply here, but rather went to our bug tracker and filed a bug report there, including all these details.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

ok i posted it to the bugtracker, (my first actual bug report) let me know if you need any more info or if there is anything you want me to try.
thanks again for all of your help guys