The new features in this milestone include:
- * Four window sizes to choose from. The 2x option is the old screen size. The default is now 3x.
- * Priority bands/grid lines. This was something missing from version 1.2 and 1.2.1 that is now fairly standard in AGI and SCI picture editors. It shows where each of the priority bands start.
- * Dual visual/priority mode (where priority and visual screens mix, as first shown in the APE tool). This is a bit gimmicky but I quite liked it when Joakim Moller first demonstrated this with the APE tool. What it does is render the priority screen and then the visual screen is drawn on top with 50% transparency. Try picture 45 in SQ2 to compare with the APE screen shot on www.agidev.com. An screen shot from PICEDIT 1.3M1 is shown below.
- * Load and Save dialogs now start in the current directory and remember the directory between uses, and the current picture file name is displayed on the title bar.
- * Right clicking now stops the current tool but does not set tool to None. This allows the user to draw more lines in one go. They no longer have to keep choosing Line. They simply select Line at the start, then draw a line, right click, and then start drawing another line in another place on the screen. Right clicking twice will switch the tool to None.
The following is a screen shot of the new version with the dual mode activated: