ScummVM 1.3.0 "Runner" released!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

ScummVM 1.3.0 "Runner" released!

Post by sev »

It has been pretty long time since the last release. Nevertheless the team is happy to announce release of ScummVM 1.3.0.

The release is truly feature rich, and particularly we are introducing support for new platform, WebOS, and added set of new games: Urban Runner, Playtoons, Toonstruck, Hugo series, Living Books, Backyard Baseball. Also we continued to work hard on SCI engine, so Amiga and some Macintosh versions of the games are supported now too. Many of our ports got improvements, and number of bugs got fixed in practically every engine. Thus your gameplay should be smoother, lighter and more enjoyable.

As usual, the release is available from our downloads page and full release notes could be found here.
Last edited by sev on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vhati

Post by Vhati »

Umm... What happened to the 32bit Windows build?

It's not in the Downloads section and it's not on the Sourceforge files page.

The nightly buildbot says it compiled okay. :roll:
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Vhati wrote:Umm... What happened to the 32bit Windows build?

It's not in the Downloads section and it's not on the Sourceforge files page.

The nightly buildbot says it compiled okay. :roll:
For the official releases we have real persons compiling ScummVM and preparing the packages or installers by hand with love and care. Unfortunately for the 32 bit Windows build, the person who does it is away this week-end, so hopefully we will have it sometime early next week.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The Windows binary and installer versions have been uploaded:

Windows installer:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scum ... e?download
Windows zip:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scum ... p?download
Windows64 zip:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scum ... p?download
slx

still problem with Laura Bow 2 CD

Post by slx »

The problem with CD version of the 'Laura Bow 2 - The Dagger of Amon Ra' still exists.

I quote myself from the 'ScummVM 1.2.0 "FaSCInating release" is here!' forum.
' I've tried Laura Bow CD version and I've set the audio to both speech and text mode in the scummvm menu (in the 'edit game' menu) but it doesn't work correctly. There is only speech or only text.
In the game there isn't this speech and text in same time option, either.
The 'F5' menu isn't the usual.'
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: still problem with Laura Bow 2 CD

Post by LordHoto »

slx wrote:I quote myself from the 'ScummVM 1.2.0 "FaSCInating release" is here!' forum.
' I've tried Laura Bow CD version and I've set the audio to both speech and text mode in the scummvm menu (in the 'edit game' menu) but it doesn't work correctly. There is only speech or only text.
The game probably only supports either text or speech then, there is no way for ScummVM's launcher to know about that (currently).
slx wrote:The 'F5' menu isn't the usual.'
What do you mean by "isn't the usual"? Since it isn't a SCUMM game but a SCI game it's likely that F5 brings up a game specific menu and not the save/load menu of ScummVM.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

slx wrote:The problem with CD version of the 'Laura Bow 2 - The Dagger of Amon Ra' still exists.

I quote myself from the 'ScummVM 1.2.0 "FaSCInating release" is here!' forum.
The 'F5' menu isn't the usual.'
The "Speech and Text" mode in most of the SCI CD versions is an extra feature that has been added in ScummVM that wasn't present in the original interpreter. Hence, it's still being worked on and doesn't work perfectly on all games. I think it currently works on the CD versions of SQ4, KQ6, and possibly Freddy Pharkas. I could be wrong though, as I haven't checked.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

KuroShiro wrote:The "Speech and Text" mode in most of the SCI CD versions is an extra feature that has been added in ScummVM that wasn't present in the original interpreter. Hence, it's still being worked on and doesn't work perfectly on all games. I think it currently works on the CD versions of SQ4, KQ6, and possibly Freddy Pharkas. I could be wrong though, as I haven't checked.
That's correct. Simultaneous speech and subtitles in SCI CD games is an extra feature, and wasn't present in the original games. Currently, it only works in SQ4 CD and Freddy Pharkas CD. It doesn't work yet in KQ6 CD and Laura Bow 2 CD, as these require extensive script patches, which requires extra work and more time (which is never enough).

So, just wait for it. Hopefully, this feature will be available in the future. But this feature is not supported in 1.3.0, and this isn't a bug. It's called "real life obligations" :)
Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel »

Toonstruck, Urban Runner :D Thanks guys for your work, it's really appreciated!

And to md5, who (I believe) has worked on the speech+subtitles option work in some SCI games: thanks for your efforts man, that's a 5 stars feature for me, I will wait for the other 2 games to be supported.
MartZuid

Post by MartZuid »

The Predictive Input Dialog does not work anymore in Windows XP... :roll:
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

MartZuid wrote:The Predictive Input Dialog does not work anymore in Windows XP... :roll:
Looks like you are missing the "pred.dic" file distributed with ScummVM. In case you installed ScummVM 1.3.0 via the standard installer it should be present and working by default, in case you used the zip file make sure you have it in the same directory as ScummVM (or in an extrapath setup in the ScummVM GUI).
MartZuid

Post by MartZuid »

I'm not missing anything. The numlock above my numeric keypad at the left side of my keyboard is ignored and instead the numeric keys can only be used as directional movements in the predictive dialog. Also when I use the numbers above my alpha numeric keys a lot of the predictions are ignored, like "open" for instance (6736). So maybe I should have said that the Predictive Input Dialog only works partially.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

MartZuid wrote:I'm not missing anything. The numlock above my numeric keypad at the left side of my keyboard is ignored and instead the numeric keys can only be used as directional movements in the predictive dialog. Also when I use the numbers above my alpha numeric keys a lot of the predictions are ignored, like "open" for instance (6736). So maybe I should have said that the Predictive Input Dialog only works partially.
You should really rather fill a bug report about that then.
Malcolm

Android port

Post by Malcolm »

Ehehe uuh, sorry for annoying but i can't find the new Android build in the download section :) Am i doing something wrong? :)
Riffer

Post by Riffer »

I hope the android port will address the problem with HoneyComb 3.1 soonish and before release.