iPhone/iPod Touch Games Compatibility List

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Something to keep in mind: I believe the DXA cutscene pack Clem linked to contains sound in FLAC format, which doesn't work on the iPhone/iPod yet. So just use your existing .ogg files instead of the .fla files included in the pack.
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

clem wrote:
Hazed wrote:How can i convert them . In the video folder i have mp2 , ogg and pal files for each cutscene.
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php#extras
Many thanks, I will give those a try. The link you gave me seems to be dead though.

I had to use: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... p_id=37116

I will post back when I have tested them.
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

Just uploaded the DXA cutscenes in place of the MP2 ones. Cutscenes now work perfectly. (But the intro cannot be skipped still)

And thanks to the mouse correction in the latest version, I am pretty sure this game is now Fully Playable.

If I have a few hours spare tomorrow I will run through it just to make sure. Not sure if I will though, I have only just completed it on the PC for about the millionth time, lol.
3headmonkey

Performance Curse of Monkey Island

Post by 3headmonkey »

Hello there,

First of all thanks for this port, it works great and makes the iphone an even more attractive gadget :D

My post is to ask if there is any way to improve the performance of COMI on the iphone...

The intro doesnt run fluently, the sound goes ok, but there must be displaying 5 frames per second.

Can we improve the performance by configuring the game on the SCUMMVM? or convert any files from the CD to suit better the SCUMMVM?

That was all, thank you again for your work.
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

Well I've been trying to go through Broken Sword but to no avail. ScummVM keeps exiting the application at random points during the game.

The first was after you speak to the workman near the cafe (Happened twice), and the second time was after finishing the conversation with the ex army officer after coming up from the sewers.

It's happened three times in total now so I gave in and put it down to a bug... :?:
sinaloe

Post by sinaloe »

Hi.

I am back again with my upgraded iPhone. Now I can report that ScummVM works with 1.1.2 :-)
I have completed Zak McKracken with my old firmware 1.0.2. It was perfect!
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Re: Performance Curse of Monkey Island

Post by Vinterstum »

3headmonkey wrote:Hello there,

First of all thanks for this port, it works great and makes the iphone an even more attractive gadget :D

My post is to ask if there is any way to improve the performance of COMI on the iphone...

The intro doesnt run fluently, the sound goes ok, but there must be displaying 5 frames per second.

Can we improve the performance by configuring the game on the SCUMMVM? or convert any files from the CD to suit better the SCUMMVM?

That was all, thank you again for your work.
Using uncompressed sound might help a little bit, but that's all for now.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

Hazed wrote:Well I've been trying to go through Broken Sword but to no avail. ScummVM keeps exiting the application at random points during the game.

The first was after you speak to the workman near the cafe (Happened twice), and the second time was after finishing the conversation with the ex army officer after coming up from the sewers.

It's happened three times in total now so I gave in and put it down to a bug... :?:
Did you try this with the latest couple of versions?
TomFrost

Post by TomFrost »

Howdy gang! Apologies for being so scarce -- I was away for the US holiday :). I'm about to read back through and make appropriate wiki updates.

I noticed Arshlan provided a slew of reports, but many of them include crashes back to springboard -- a bug reported to be fixed. So I'll hold off for now on adding these.. if anyone can test and confirm, I'd be happy to drop them in the wiki :)
Arshlan wrote:Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (DOS/VGA/FRENCH): Playable (fight with keyboard)

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (DOS/Floppy/FRENCH) : ok,fight by tapping screen

Bargon Attack (DOS/FRENCH) : Requires you to tap F1 to start,intro running fine but seems like it's looping bringing you back to the menu asking to tap F1 and then crashes back to springboard.Also,same thing happens if you try to ESC the intro.

Elvira 2 (DOS/Floppy/FRENCH) : Working good (was very slow and crashing with the november 19th version)

Ween The Prophecy (DOS/FRENCH) : Working but very hard to toggle Menu( impossible?) so unable to test if saving is working. (was very slow and crashing with the november 19th version)

Legend Of Kyrandia (DOS/FRENCH) : Working quite well,though i don't know how to interact with items after picking them up (anyone knows?)

Future Wars (DOS/Floppy/FRENCH) : OK but requires game manual (that i have) as protection.At least,french version does

Lost in Time (Floppy/FRENCH) : Crashes back to springboard after copy protection question.

Lure of the Temptress (DOS/Floppy/ENGLISH) : Working but cant't get menu to pop up.Therefore you can't quit the game or save (though save menu is popping,you can't click on it) (?). Interaction Menu is a bit tricky to use (move too quickly through).French version not running at all.

Nippon Safes (DOS/CD/Multi-Lingual) : crashes back to springboard at launch

Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (DOS/CD/FRENCH) : Randomly crashing back to springboard (when clicing on items in inventory at bottom of the screen) and loading a savegame crashes back to springboard as well.

Lost In Time (DOS/FRENCH) : My version is seen as Gobliins 2 in ScummVM (dunno why though) and crashes back to springboard after copy protection.

I also tested some sierra games (like king's quest,space quest and police quest) but i was wondering if the remakes (VGA) are working with ScummVM? I tried some but it seemed unable to find the games in the directories.Anyone been able to? or the king's quest that you guys tested are the EGA ones?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

TomFrost wrote:Lost In Time (DOS/FRENCH) : My version is seen as Gobliins 2 in ScummVM (dunno why though) and crashes back to springboard after copy protection.
AFAIK, Lost in Time isn't supported yet.
Hazed

Post by Hazed »

Vinterstum wrote:
Hazed wrote:Well I've been trying to go through Broken Sword but to no avail. ScummVM keeps exiting the application at random points during the game.

Did you try this with the latest couple of versions?
I think so, I am using the latest update from the ScummVM Repository at http://urbanfanatics.com/scummvm.xml
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

clone2727 wrote:
TomFrost wrote:Lost In Time (DOS/FRENCH) : My version is seen as Gobliins 2 in ScummVM (dunno why though) and crashes back to springboard after copy protection.
AFAIK, Lost in Time isn't supported yet.
Well, the problem is that your game version is not known to us (we'd need the MD5 of the first 5000 bytes of your intro.stk) and there still wasn't a file based detection fallback for Lost In Time (just added that to the code in the repository).
Yamara

Loom crashes with sounds

Post by Yamara »

Running an iPhone with 1.1.1 and version of ScummVM that Installer.app presently recommends, from urbanfanatics.com.

Loom plays sounds, but will sporadically crash. It doesn't seem to matter whether the sound is initiated by me (by playing the notes) or by the game. It is not specific to one sound. It does not seem to be tied to a period of time, location or action.

This is for Loom on CD, with VGA graphics.

Just wanted to report, since there were no such notes on the iPhone compatibility list.
Yamara

Re: Loom crashes with sounds

Post by Yamara »

Yamara wrote:Running an iPhone with 1.1.1 and version of ScummVM that Installer.app presently recommends, from urbanfanatics.com.

Loom plays sounds, but will sporadically crash. It doesn't seem to matter whether the sound is initiated by me (by playing the notes) or by the game. It is not specific to one sound. It does not seem to be tied to a period of time, location or action.

This is for Loom on CD, with VGA graphics.

Just wanted to report, since there were no such notes on the iPhone compatibility list.
Oh, sorry. Forgot to mention, it has crashed regularly to Springboard. Once, it has forced a reboot.
Arshlan

Post by Arshlan »

DrMcCoy wrote: Well, the problem is that your game version is not known to us (we'd need the MD5 of the first 5000 bytes of your intro.stk) and there still wasn't a file based detection fallback for Lost In Time (just added that to the code in the repository).
Well,I checked on my floppies and i do have that file if you're interested in getting the MD5. It's from my original French floppy version

@TomFrost: I've tested those games with an "old" version of ScummVM Iphone.Didn't have time to check them all with the last one.For the ones i"ve tested so far,some seem to work a bit better (Bargon Attack is going as far as floppy cursor displaying (loading after intro) which is quite an improvement over what i said on my last report.
I'll check them all as soon as i can.
I've also been able to find and buy a few more games,so i'll test them as well and let you know.