Both Blue's Birthday Adventure Discs Are Being Detected Under the Same Name

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

philthethrill

Both Blue's Birthday Adventure Discs Are Being Detected Under the Same Name

Post by philthethrill »

I ordered Blue's Birthday Adventure from eBay, and both Disc 1 and Disc 2 are being detected as Blue's Birthday Adventure (Red/English). Is there a way to make a distinction between the two, besides starting both entries to find out which is which?
philthethrill

Re: Both Blue's Birthday Adventure Discs Are Being Detected Under the Same Name

Post by philthethrill »

The one that I ordered is from 1998. Both discs are red, and they're labeled Disc 1 and Disc 2. I ordered another one from 2000 that has the yellow disc and the red disc.
fibs

Post by fibs »

By filenames, the Yellow CD has the first two pathways and would probably be Disc 1. But this is not likely an official numbering - and judging by the detection, you probably have the Red CD twice thanks to an eBay entrepreneur.
philthethrill

Post by philthethrill »

You’re so right about that, and it’s entirely my fault. I should have looked more closely at the pictures that the seller included in his listing. I checked the original listing, and the pictures clearly show 2 red discs. 1 of them says Humongous Entertainment on it, and the other one says Infogrames.

It’s too late for me to return them. I ordered them in January. I’m going to have to be more careful in the future.

Actually, the seller doesn’t accept returns. I would have been stuck with my purchase anyway.
philthethrill

Post by philthethrill »

I got a refund from the eBay seller. They were willing to do it, which was very nice of them.