ScummVM Can't Detect Candyland Adventure, Veggie Valley, Play-Doh Creations, and Playskool Puzzles

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

philthethrill

ScummVM Can't Detect Candyland Adventure, Veggie Valley, Play-Doh Creations, and Playskool Puzzles

Post by philthethrill »

I ordered Candyland Adventure from eBay. The CD insert says it's copyright year 1996. ScummVM can't detect it. I also ordered a CD called Fun Pack 3 Games in One! that includes Mr. Potato Head Saves Veggie Valley, Play-Doh Creations, and Playskool Puzzles. The CD insert says it's copyright year 1997. ScummVM can't detect it either. I was able to run the Playskool Software Experience demo in ScummVM, and it included demos with interactive samples for all of the games I mentioned. All of the samples were flawless, so I'm convinced that ScummVM should be able to run all of these games. Any suggestions on what I can do? I'm running the latest stable version of ScummVM, 2.8.0.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: ScummVM Can't Detect Candyland Adventure, Veggie Valley, Play-Doh Creations, and Playskool Puzzles

Post by Praetorian »

Hello,

Since ScummVM is not an emulator but a collection of game engines all implemented from scratch, it is irrelevant how old a game is for it to be supported.

I am actually unfamiliar with all these games. I don't think they are currently supported. Maybe some of these are Macromedia Director games? The Macromedia Director ScummVM engine does support some games from early Director versions but it's still in development so not all titles are supported.

Basically, there's a good chance your games are not currently supported.