When will Escape from Monkey Island supported

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

venom_INC
Got a warning

When will Escape from Monkey Island supported

Post by venom_INC »

Hi,
I would like to play the game in better resolution and with OpenGL. It is recognized under SCUMMVM, but the program does not find a module for it. I would like to know if or when the game be supported in the near future?
Al.DeHyde

Re: When will Escape from Monkey Island supported

Post by Al.DeHyde »

I played through the whole of Escape using ScummVM a while ago. Don't know if you have the same issue but this solved it for me:
In Global Options > Paths, make sure that Extra Path is set to the ScummVM directory with the monkey4-patch.m4b file (i.e. path/to/dists/engine-data/ if built from Git, or path/to/scummvm/data/ if using the Debian .tar.xz build).
From this post viewtopic.php?p=97300#p97300
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

venom_INC wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:16 am when the game be supported in the near future?
We do not know. Nobody is working on the engine.

Eugene
almeath

Post by almeath »

Al.DeHyde wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:22 am I played through the whole of Escape using ScummVM a while ago. Don't know if you have the same issue but this solved it for me:
Given you played through the whole game, what was the experience like - is it essentially playable and completable without missing any major features, or any show-stopper issues such as frequent crashes?
Al.DeHyde

Post by Al.DeHyde »

almeath wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:21 am Given you played through the whole game, what was the experience like - is it essentially playable and completable without missing any major features, or any show-stopper issues such as frequent crashes?
There were a few graphical glitches but I got all the way through without any major problems. It was certainly playable even though I tried to find bugs as I went.
almeath

Post by almeath »

That's good to hear. Although development of the engine appears to have stopped .. which is a shame given how close to "ready" this appear to be.

In the meantime, there is always the DREAMM engine to consider.
heidi.wenger

Post by heidi.wenger »

Al.DeHyde wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:22 am I played through the whole of Escape using ScummVM a while ago. Don't know if you have the same issue but this solved it for me:
In Global Options > Paths, make sure that Extra Path is set to the ScummVM directory with the monkey4-patch.m4b file (i.e. path/to/dists/engine-data/ if built from Git, or path/to/scummvm/data/ if using the Debian .tar.xz build).
From this post viewtopic.php?p=97300#p97300
Wait, what? Escape from Monkey Island is actually already playable through ScummVM with this adjustment :o
hpp134

Post by hpp134 »

I had a similar prob with SCUMMVM before. What worked for me was tinkering with the settings a bit. Try checking the SCUMMVM forums or maybe their Discord for updates on game support.