Nippon Safes not detected by Scumm 2.7.0

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eMTe

Nippon Safes not detected by Scumm 2.7.0

Post by eMTe »

Hello.

As an XP user I am using version 2.7.0 (due to 2.7.1 not working under XP). Downloaded Nippon Safes FROM SCUMMVM SITE, it is not detected.

Thank you for possible solution to this odd issue, in advance.
fibs

Re: Nippon Safes not detected by Scumm 2.7.0

Post by fibs »

I installed that ScummVM version, downloaded Nippon Safes and unzipped it in a location, opened that ScummVM, clicked Add Game... and browsed to the unzipping location and successfully added and ran the game.

I don't know what the issue is for you... Make sure you unzip first?
eMTe

Post by eMTe »

Amiga version is detected, though.

I run PC version with DOSBox and it also doesn't work. Got "illegal command" error message for check.exe and adv.exe files, which are missing.

Downloaded Nippon Safes from different source, with above files present, run Scumm and now it works. So this is the issue. Don't know why it works for you (and probably everyone else, if this doesn't get reported) with these two files missing.
fibs

Post by fibs »

The version from the ScummVM website also works with DOSBox okay for me... CHECK.EXE and ADV.EXE are in the nippon-1.0.zip game archive I downloaded, with ADV being the main game executable. I can only assume that in your case the downloaded or extracted data were incomplete or corrupted for some reason.

Not that it matters anymore, but faced with the same situation I'd redownload it from the ScummVM website, perhaps to another drive if possible, then point ScummVM to the extracted archive there.
eMTe

Post by eMTe »

Works now. :shock:

I've downloaded the game thrice (FROM SCUMMVM SITE) before posting here about the problem and downloading from another source. Winrar didnt report issue with corrupt archive. Now game works, both files are there.

Either one of mods/admins has read my post and repaired the download, without answering here, or I am going mad. Haven't been drinking for a couple of days, so I am sober. And I couldn't invent the issue with missing files, even if I wanted to, because I am not a technical person.

Cannot explain what happened.