AGI Power Pack Demo Game - NEED PLAYTESTERS

AGI, SCI, Wintermute, Sludge engines fangame creation discussion

Moderators: ScummVM Team, AGI moderators

AGKorson

AGI Power Pack Demo Game - NEED PLAYTESTERS

Post by AGKorson »

Hi! I am the creator of WinAGI, the premier development tool for creating AGI fan games.

I am getting ready to announce the public release of the AGI Power Pack, a set of logic scripts that significantly enhance the MSDOS versions of AGI, unlocking a ton of new capabilities and features. The Power Pack code injects custom assembly code into the interpreter to make this possible. Thus, it will only work when running AGI in MSDOS on original PC hardware, or by using a fully capable MSDOS emulator (DosBOX is one that is 100% compatible with the Power Pack).

I have written a small AGI game that demonstrates what the Power Pack can do. The demo game is done, but I would like to get one or two playtesters who can play through the entire game to help me identify any bugs or areas for improvement.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: AGI Power Pack Demo Game - NEED PLAYTESTERS

Post by sev »

It would be nice to include these extensions in ScummVM.

Eugene
AGKorson

Post by AGKorson »

sev wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:22 pm It would be nice to include these extensions in ScummVM.

Eugene
I think it would be relatively easy to do that- all the details of the modifications are explained in the source code. But it's not something I could do myself. If someone wants to tackle it, that'd be awesome.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

AGKorson wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:55 pm I think it would be relatively easy to do that- all the details of the modifications are explained in the source code. But it's not something I could do myself. If someone wants to tackle it, that'd be awesome.
This source was not published. At least, I could not find it on AGIWiki or SCIprogramming forums. Moreover, WinAGI does not have the latest version source published either, though it is declared as GPL.

Where can I find these sources?

Eugene
AGKorson

Post by AGKorson »

sev wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:53 am This source was not published. At least, I could not find it on AGIWiki or SCIprogramming forums. Moreover, WinAGI does not have the latest version source published either, though it is declared as GPL.

Where can I find these sources?

Eugene
Sorry, I guess I wasn't as clear as I meant to be - the Power Pack source will be released the same time as the Demo game (which depends on how soon I can complete testing.) I would be OK sharing it with you ahead of time if you want to take a look at it, provided you don't share it until it's released publicly.

The source for WinAGI is in a github repository. PM me your github ID and I'll share it with you.