Need Help with Broken Sword 2 and android.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Grub

Need Help with Broken Sword 2 and android.

Post by Grub »

Hi. I own Broken Sword 2 remastered on steam which comes with the Original Broken Sword 2. I figured I'd put it on my RG405v android device. I have ScummVM 2.7.1 on android. Whenever I load that game onto it, it auto selects the demo version of the game with no way to change my selection. I have many other games on the device that work fine including Broken Sword 1. I followed the instructions for the windows version of the game on the wiki, three times for good measure and it keeps coming up as demo. Am I missing something? Would really like to play on the go.

Any Help would be appreciated!
Attachments
Screenshot_20231113-044209_ScummVM.png
Screenshot_20231113-044209_ScummVM.png (56.82 KiB) Viewed 1060 times
fibs

Re: Need Help with Broken Sword 2 and android.

Post by fibs »

Are you sure you're adding the original game and not the (as of now) unsupported remastered version? Looking through bug reports, another user had a similar sword2-demo-win detection issue when accidentally using the game data from the Remastered version from GOG, and it was suggested to use the separate installer for the original version in Extras. On Steam it seems to be a DLC: https://store.steampowered.com/app/5804 ... l_Version/
Grub

Post by Grub »

Yeah I'm sure. There's a folder within the remaster folder titled original game which even included a scummvm folder to be able to launch the files (not using that folder mind you). It's where the DLC is installed. I should also mention I had 0 issue using the same files on my Linux based Miyoo Mini Plus and all my other games work fine on both. Really don't want to buy the game on GOG as well just to find out I wasted money on another copy of the same game.
Grub

Post by Grub »

I bit the bullet and bought the GOG one and transfered the files. Did a cross check and they were all the same files, but it's loading up as normal. So I would have to say there's an error in the steam version somewhere. Maybe when downloading the DLC it copies files from the base game to use for the original and one of them is acting funny with ScummVM. All I can say is buy the GOG version if this is ever your plan. The steam one needs some work.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231114-134920_ScummVM.png
Screenshot_20231114-134920_ScummVM.png (61.36 KiB) Viewed 998 times