Cursor disappears on version 2.6.1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo Wii port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

oakoak

Re: Cursor disappears on version 2.6.1

Post by oakoak »

digitall wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:17 pm RunningSnakes: Thanks to fracturehill providing a patch to the code, I have tested a local build and the problem should be fixed by:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/comm ... bc8da79615

Please feel free to test with the next nightly build from the buildbot from branch master and confirm here if this fixes the issue for you:
https://buildbot.scummvm.org/#/dailybuilds
Just tried with 2.8.0git8302-ga67dd406dd4 (Oct 8 2023) and its crashing every time I try to add a game. And yes I did the "fix" deleting the 4 plugins that you mentioned on this topic (which works with 2.7 version). Any thoughts? :?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

oakoak: Which game are you trying to add? Try removing all the plugins, but the one required for that game and see if it still occurs.
RunningSnakes

Post by RunningSnakes »

I also tried this with most recent daily build trying to install both Beneath A Steel Sky and Maniac Mansion. I get code dump screen and the system locks requiring hard reset. After removing other plugins, i still get code dump when trying to install either game.

One thing to note, removing said plugins using 2.7 stable release, installing games work correct. However, i still have never got the cursor to work on Beneath A Steel Sky and pressing the Home button on the Wiimote, which is supposed to show Menu window, is still not working for me.
Last edited by RunningSnakes on Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
oakoak

Post by oakoak »

digitall wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:43 am oakoak: Which game are you trying to add? Try removing all the plugins, but the one required for that game and see if it still occurs.
Ok, I deleted all the plugins except sword2.plg and I was able to add Broken sword II and confirm that the cursor bug is fixed :D So the Wii can't handle all those plugins at once?

edit: I was trying to add the same games that I posted earlier (The Dig, Broken Sword 2, Fate of Atlantis and Full Throttle)
RunningSnakes

Post by RunningSnakes »

Ok, better news this time. I install latest nightly 2.8.0git8340 (Oct 10 2023 04:47:07).

Using only Beneath A Steel Sky and Maniac Mansion to install and test, i have narrowed down the problem plugins causing issues on my side...

ags.plg. (4.34MB)
glk.plg. (4.99MB)
icb.plg. (1.11MB)

All other plugins are installed with cursor working correctly and no issues installing those 2 games.

Also, after changing a setting, i am able to return to main menu when exiting Beneath A Steel Sky. Exiting Maniac Mansion is clunky, pressing Wiimote home button no longer works to navigate menu window, instead user must hold wiimote power button down a few seconds to return to main menu.

Thank you for your time and efforts.